This story appeared in Bank Digest.
- the number of defendants charged with a crime SIGTARP investigated nearly doubled to 222;
- the number of defendants convicted of a crime investigated by SIGTARP nearly doubled to 160;
- the number of defendants investigated by FinCEN who were sentenced to prison increased 160 percent to 91;
- prison sentences for crimes investigated by are nearly double the national average for white collar crime; and
- SIGTARP investigations have already brought back $1.258 billion to the Government and $224 million to other victims, a nearly eightfold increase since 2012.