This story appeared in Bank Digest.
A Treasury Notes blog entry has been posted that describes the Office of Financial Research FY 2012-2014 Strategic Framework, which explains the goals and principles that will guide the OFR's work, spells out the architecture for the OFR and sets out a framework for accountability. According to the blog, the framework sets out five goals:
- supporting the Financial Stability Oversight Council through the secure provision of high-quality financial data and analysis;
- developing and promoting data-related standards and best practices;
- establishing a center of excellence for research on financial stability and promoting best practices for financial risk management;
- providing the public with key data and analysis while protecting sensitive information; and
- establishing the OFR as an efficient organization and world-class workplace.